Want to know a little bit more before you make a decision? Here you will find common questions asked by my clients. Please feel free to contact me if you have other questions, 949.682.6417 or email me here.
- Are you accepting new clients? I am accepting new clients. I have day and evening appointments available.
- How long is a session? Typically, sessions are 45 to 50 minutes long. I offer longer sessions to couples and families that are in crisis and need more time.
- How often will I see you? I meet with my clients weekly. Some clients are seen twice a week for more intensive sessions.
- What forms of payment do you accept? I accept cash, check, Visa and MasterCard.
- What insurance plans to you take? I provide a super bill at the end of the month for my clients to submit to their insurance. I am not on any panels as I often find that insurance companies dictate the duration and type of treatment provided. By not billing insurance companies, I am able to keep my fees lower and have more appointment times available.
- How do I make an appointment? Making an appointment is easy. Call me at 949.682.6417 or email me here. We will make an appointment within the next week. If I am with another client, please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Who do you see in your private practice? I work with individuals, couples and families. Most of my clients are successful and intelligent, wanting a lasting change in their lives. Often the couples and families I see are having problems due to an addiction, mental illness, or physical illness. Other common issues are depression, anxiety, stress, phase of life, spiritual crisis and relationship problems.
- What if I still don't know if counseling is for me? I offer a free 20 minute consultation to help you make this decision. Counseling is a commitment to making your life better. It can feel overwhelming to find someone to trust. After the first session, if you feel that you may need another therapist, I will provide you referrals. You are not obligated to continue with me. I want to see you succeed.
- What is your fee? My full fee is $130 per 45 - 50 minute session. If you are an MFT intern or student please ask about those rates. My fee is paid directly by you to me at the beginning of each session. (I am covered as an out of network provider on most PPO plans. I can provide a super-bill at the end of each session, which you can send to your insurance carrier for reimbursement. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully to verify specifics of your particular insurance coverage and ask the following questions: Do I have mental health benefits? What is my deductible and has it been met? How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover? How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider? What is the coverage amount per therapy session? Is approval required from my primary care physician?)